As the National Football League tosses out their Roman numeral system for #50, we embrace our 10th annual Groundhog Challenge with Roman numeral “X”.
We hold certain truths to be self-evident.
That most of us like to sleep at night.
That most of us believe in Occam’s Razor.
Most of us marvel at the performance of a relatively-passive model portfolio like our Bare Naked Million
We also pay homage to Eddy Elfenbein and his decade of market-beating performance with his Buy List from Crossing Wall Street. Other dignitaries like Abby Cohen, Warren Buffett and Jim Cramer are included just for fun … it’s like playing against the “house.”
We’ll once again keep it simple for Groundhog X (2016).
1. Enter by selecting a minimum of five (5) investments and a maximum of twenty (20) positions.
2. Participants will receive $1,000,000 in Groundhog dollars. The cool million will be divided evenly among the number of positions you decide to use. In other words, if you pick (5) stocks … we’ll divide the $1,000,000 evenly, creating a public dashboard with $200,000 each.
3. No transactions will be permitted between February 2, 2016 and February 2, 2017.
4. Entries can be made starting now and through Groundhog weekend and will be accepted until the market opens on Wednesday, February 3 at 9:30 ET.
Entries can be submitted by emailing email@example.com or by posting here in the Groundhog Challenge forum folder.
5. Stocks under $1 not permitted.
This is a total return contest — the influence of dividends is accounted for.