Battle? Yes, our 14th annual “battle.” The battle is part of our continuing demonstration that it is possible to humble the total stock market. And it’s more fun when we do it together. As we tally the 2019 results, please submit your 2020 entries. Good Hunting and Good Luck!
Groundhog Challenge XIV (2020)
We hold certain truths to be self-evident.
That most of us like to sleep at night.
That most of us believe in Occam’s Razor.
That “patience is genius in disguise.” — Hugh McManus
Most of us marvel at the performance of a relatively-passive model portfolio like our Bare Naked Million
We also pay homage to a few selected Rhinos. (Past winners have included Eddy Elfenbein, Abby Jo Cohen (Goldman Sachs), David Einhorn and Warren Buffett.) Some are included just for fun … it’s like playing against the “house.” #BeatJimCramer
We’ll keep it simple (again) for Groundhog XIV (2020).
Rules of Engagement
1. Enter by selecting a minimum of five (5) investments and a maximum of twenty (20) positions.
2. Participants will receive $1,000,000 in Groundhog dollars. The cool million will be divided evenly across the number of positions you decide to use. In other words, if you pick (5) stocks … we’ll divide the $1,000,000 evenly, creating a public dashboard with $200,000 each. If you submit (8) stocks, it’s $125,000 each.
3. Participants may submit entries as individuals and/or group (clubs).
4. No transactions will be permitted between February 3, 2020 and February 2, 2021.
5. Entries can be made between now and then and will be accepted until the market opens on Monday, February 3 at 9:30 AM ET.
Special Consideration. We will grant an exemption (an extension) to any group (investment club) that enters the fray during the month of February.
6. Stocks under $1 not permitted.
This is a total return contest — the influence of dividends is accounted for.
Who: The few. The proud. The brave. Bring your best ideas — club and individuals.